Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back Alley Bikes

I finally made a trip down to Back Alley Bikes in Detroit tonight. Back Alley Bikes is a not-for-profit community bike shop in Detroit's Cass Corridor. They offer programs for anyone to be able and get a free bike or buy a bike for as little as $25. The also teach people how to fix bikes. I have been meaning to go and donate a bunch of bike parts and things like helmets that I have been collecting and sponsors like Kona, Rudy Project and ProLink donated. I also stopped by our shop sponsor Continental Bike and they sent me away with a bunch of water bottles and 4 bikes to donate. When I got there and the volunteers and people working on bikes saw I had boxes full of stuff it was like Christmas. I also hung around for awhile to shoot photos. I plan to donate those to their website. I plan to go a few more times this summer and take a few other team members with me to help out wrenching on some of the bikes. I'm sure I will shoot more photos as well. It’s a real cool place for photography and just to hang out and be around bikes and people who really love all kinds of bikes. –Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home