Friday, June 01, 2007

TRY A POLARPAK WATER RESERVOIR

Looking for a new reservoir bladder for your pack?
I tried out the Moflow by Polarpak twice so far and it worked real nice. You pressurize the bladdder with air so the water "flows" out and you don't have to suck the water out. (See their website Polarpak.com)
I don't wear a pack often except on adventure type rides and never while racing, they hurt my back when going all out. The first time out with the Moflow I didn't put enough air in the bladder. The 2nd time I did and how nice it was to have the water come out very easy and a bonus be able to skirt the sweat out of my eye while still riding. I know its not that smart but my eye really burned.
The only thing that might be an issue for me is I normally try to get all of the air out of a bladder before I put it in the pack. The reason is when I wear a pack I usually have photo gear in it and the air can take up to much room.
But like I said I really liked the water "flowing" rather then having to suck. And the bite valve works very easy and isn't to bulky. And you know I think I did end up drinking more since I didn't have to work to much to get the water out like it says on their website. The quick release worked great and was easy to use.
So far I would definitely recommend the Moflow if you are looking for a new bladder.
Also, for the second year in a row I will be doing the WAM 300 mile ride to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and am looking forward to using the Polarpak gel cooled bladder that is suppose to keep liquids cold. Last year temps hovered around 100 and the Polarpak should really come in handy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home