Friday, July 15, 2005

July 15th...... Glendive Montana

Well my trip was going great as I whipped through the great state of North Dakota. I had just stop in the Theadore Roosevelt Bad Lands national park to look at the Bad Lands. It is a pretty awesome place with high multi colored hills and sharp plunging valleys. The Bad Lands name is truly fitting. Remarkable though. The wind was whipping up from the south and people were stopped letting the wind blow through them. Shortly after crossing into Montana I had some Car Trouble. As in my car would not run anymore. I was just outside of Glendive and turned around and got my car to American Ford. I was supposed to be on my way yesterday, but a shipping screw up has me here instead of in Idaho. I have a race in 4 hours at 2pm, but don't think I will be making that since I am still over 12 hours away. I have super D & DH tomorrow and hopefully I can race expert XC on Sunday.

Making the most of it the past couple of days i decided to ride my bike. So off to Makoshika State park for a ride up to Sand Creek Look Out. Makoshika, is indian for "Bad Lands" and the park starts on the banks of the Yellowstone river and is in the heart of the Montana Bad Lands. The view from the top was amazing and the climb up was difficult. Again beautiful colors pinks, greys, and browns contrasted with the desolate landscape. This park is actually a hot spot for digging up dinosaur bones. I did not see any fossils until I went to the dinosaur museum though on Thursday. I hung around a little bit longer admiring the view, but had to come down because a storm was coming in. The storm itself was nasty with chain lighting electrifying the sky every few minutes.

So two nights spent in Glendive. I hope to be going soon and am anxious to get back on the road.

-C-
7/15/2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home