Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Raising money at the 12 hours of Addison!!!

Hey Everyone!

I am writing to let you know that I am racing solo in a 12 hour mountain bike race this weekend at Addison Oaks. The person with the most laps wins.

More importantly than winning, I am trying to raise some money for a friend of the family whose 15 year old daughter Aubrey was just diagnosed with leukemia last week. Feeling somewhat helpless in the light of a cancer diagnosis, I want to help out by asking everyone I know to donate a sum of money for every lap that I do to contribute to the “Aubrey Fun Fund!”

With all of the family funds going towards, bills, medical expenses, living and transportation expenses--particularly since they live in the U.P. and will be at Mott’s Children’s Hospital for at least a month-- I wanted to start a fund for Aubrey to well, have fun with! These proceeds will be for Aubrey to purchase makeup, clothes, cds, books, movies, pizza, basically whatever she wants to try and feel girly (particularly in light of her impending hair loss) and like a teenager again.

Cancer just plain sucks and I hate it when I hear of kids having cancer so this time I wanted to do something to help the best way I know how, riding my bike.

My goal for this weekend’s race is 10-12 laps. I’m encouraging all donations, even small donations of a buck a lap or even flat sum donations of $5 or $10 to help fund the fun!

While I realize you may have donated to a number of causes this year and probably feel tapped out, the price of one morning’s Starbucks and bagel just might help brighten a teenage girl’s day. So make your own coffee and toast tomorrow and get a buzzzzz off helping Aubrey today!

You can easily contribute online through my PayPal account
Go to: www.paypal.com
My account is bryan@bryanmitchell.com

Or you may contribute by check
(Please put “Aubrey’s Fun Fund!” in the memo area) mailed to:
Bryan Mitchell
21700 Connemara Dr
Northville, MI 48167

Or if you will be at the race stop by the Kona tent with a donation.

I will post the number of laps I did on our team website Sunday morning.
www.konamidwestracing.com

Live Strong,
Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home