Sunday, June 10, 2007

FREERIDE CLINIC

Amanda and Bryan helped out at a Freeride clinic today. The idea was to give riders who only do xc rides a taste of basic trail/freeride skills like bunny hops, log rides, small drops and skinnies. It went great and the two of us ended up helping out and teaching the ladies in the group a few things. The ladies who came out were real eager and really pushed themselves to try new things. I always love to see women try hard types of bike riding as its not the norm. Erica and Liz were Awesome!!!!! Of course we showed off our Kona big bikes, gave out some stickers and sponsor swagg and had a real fun day. Thanks to Matt for High Gear Racing for setting up the clinic and having us along.

Amanda demonstrates how to do a log ride.

Some comments from the clinic:

"Bryan - Thanks so much for all of the help today. I had so much fun and rode lots of things I have never even attempted. Some of those log piles were really easy once I tried them. I can tell already I will have more confidence in my riding. I am going to get some knee pads of my own and go back out and finish that skinny Exclamation Thank you for giving me the confidence and knowledge I needed to try it."

"Bryan, I would like to thank you for your help and encouragement for my first ride on the skinny. It was great to finally be able to attempt to ride the skinny. I have a few scrapes and bruises, but other than that I am fine. Also I enjoyed riding your bike over the rock garden, it looks like I may have to invest in a downhill bike in the next few years. Thank you very much for the gift bag, that was kind of you to give it to me."

"Thanks for all your help and coaching today. You helped Erica (better half) out a ton, especially with the skinny. Your help is definately appreciated, especially since i am an XC guy and it is becoming a FR/DH chick whethr she fully realizes it yet or not. And that isn't something i can help her with. She only started riding last July and i already know her nxt bike will be big travel bike. You were definately a great guy i my books for being so helpful to her and the others."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home