Sunday, July 31, 2005

12 hours of Addison and fundraiser update!

Ok, so I'm still a little tired so forgive me if this doesn't flow or has typo's. The 12 hours of Addison is done and it was s great day and we raised alot of money in 4 days for Aubrey, over $1000!!!!!!!
I did 28 laps which works out to be 154 miles on the bike with very few rest stops.
I thought the race course was longer and lap times would be slower so for those of you who donated money per lap how about just half the lap count, 14. Unless you want to kcik in for all 28, its up to you.
Thank you to everone who donated money. Hopefully it will help a teenage girl have some fun during a tough time in her life.
The race started out with a very fast pace running about 20-21 minute laps. I felt real good the first 12 laps but knew I needed to slow down some even though I was able to get some pulls for the race winner Chris Hansen and feeling good or I was never going to make it all 12 hours. Chris won with 30 laps averaging about 22 or so minutes a lap with very little rest. Way to go Chris and thanks for the pulls and the donations. SoI stayed in the hunt for 1st for about 6 hours never more then 5 minues or so behind the leader. The last 6 hours I faded more and more as time went on. The last 2 hours was real tough. Everythings hurt, I was suffering but I don't quit races. So I finished 3rd out of 8 racers in the solo 30-39 class.
Memories form the race:
Crispy my teammate, friend and Awesome support person not letting me rest much!
Alice, max and Macey cheering me on.
Macey smiling at me and waving as I rode by.
Little Debbie Swiss cakes.
When Crispy gave me a water bottle full of ice cold Coke, that tasted real good!
Bonnie and Scott cheering me on.
The SSE team encouraging me each time one of them passed me.
The bad that skimmed of the top of my head on a night lap.
The Team Treefarm girl riding in a thong. Well over her bike shots.
Lauing at myself for hitting the same rock at least 20 times.
Stopping on my last lap after midnight in the open field to look at the stars.
Justin handing me a chocolate shake when I was done around 12:30 AM. It tasted good!
Wondering why I was going out on another lap at 10 to midnight even though I couldn't get 1st or 2nd. Hey its not midnight, the race isn't over. What one more lap, my pain won't last forever.
I know there is more but I'm tired of writting.
Live Strong!
Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home