Thursday, March 16, 2006

Stackin' It - Pisgah Style

Yesterday, the crew decided to the Laurel Mountain - Pilot Rock loop. A really fun trail but no foolin' around on this one especially coming down on the Pilot Rock side. Our late rising crew - myself, Justin, Dan, Jamie, Lummis, and Stewy rolled on down to the trail head and met up with another Michigan grouppo - members of the former Whole Foods team. It was a bonified Michigan boy racer reunion in the middle of Pisgah National Forest. A good fire road climb awaited to warm the legs. We got on the trail and every one was jamming and climbing really well. We had a nice strung out 10 man single track line snaking on up the mountain. Only a couple of mishaps on the way up due to stalling out on some techy climbing sections (Dan with the most amusing of them) and we got to the top. At that point everyone decided I should lead the way down. Uhh, allright I guess. Damn you all! All was good until I figured I should check my uhh 'brisk' speed. My small child alter ego entered as I pulled the famous super rookie move and grabbed a touch too much front brake just as I was rolling into a small bowling ball sized rock which proceeded to superman me into another small boulder shoulder first. Booyakasha - Ouch, Crunch - Pain! Well I tucked my tail between my legs and ran down the rest of the trail as I couldn't hold my bar and wasn't about to try to ride out the rest one handed. Well, I'm hoping for the best and I can still move the thing. Looks like the next couple of days I'll be rolling road bike style. One of my shoulders looks like a football player's but it works and that's what's important.

-Pete

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Someone needs to update this thing. I need to know what I missed today.

Friday, March 17, 2006 8:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home