Saturday, June 17, 2006

Day 3 Super D

What up from Vermont Day 3!! Well this morning was the Super D. 7am practice and 8am race. It was a running start but in the tradition of Super D the start was different then ever before. This time we ran with the bikes about 50 yards up around a poll and then started down. The course was actually longer this year too and included some more of the XC downhill after the start climb. Amanda flated and was working on fixing it while I headed to my starte. Well it was crazy and I was doing really good. Super D is tough cause the XC riders blow by you on the climbs and slow you down on the DH which is so annoying. I made it through the tough stuff and as I was head towards the dreaded water bars my right foot came off and I hit the 2nd one left foot only and down which sent me flying. I now know what it feels like to be that guy flying in the iar after being bucked. The funny thing is how quiet it gets and how peaceful it is flying through the air as you begin tipping more and more forward. But, then theres the ground and oooooh hit and skidded for about 2o feet. Pretty much landed all on my left side and am mostly okay. Still finished up strong coming in 13th. Amanda had crashing trouble too and hurt her knee. But beieng the tough as nails women that she is she rode it out taking 4th in a very tough field.

Justin rode strong in the Semi Pro XC taking 15th. Pete gutted out a tough race that was plauged with mechanicals and flat tires. Way to go Pete and finish your race!!

Tonight................???

Tomorrow am; Amanda, Dan, Eric, and Crispy XC race 8am.

Tomorrow afternoon; 40s party Yeah.

-C-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home