Friday, June 09, 2006

KMR at the Sugar Mt NORBA National




Hey everyone! KMR is at the Sugar Mountain NORBA National this weekend. Bryan, Crispy, Peter, Amanda, Dan and club rider Mike Filipiak are all here. Beautiful weather today but it rained on Thursday and the riding was muddy and slick. Pete took 29th in the Semi-pro XC race and the mountain beat Crispy up real good during DH practice. See the photo. I will try to get some DH photos of us on Saturday. As for the DH course itself. They cut a bunch of new trail for it and the course is hard, especially for a flatland Michigan boy like me. But it’s a NORBA National, it should be hard. I had difficulties on many sections but made it down 3 times in one piece. I just don’t get much of any practice on this kind of stuff. There is this crazy rock drop on the Expert/Pro DH that is just over my ability and comfort level. But I also know that at least ½ the expert racers didn’t ride it so I guess we get to choose between the rock and the sport course ride around. And like I said Crispy crashed real hard hitting his head and knee on a big boulder. He seems ok after some rest but will be sore in the morning and his knee is pretty tweaked so he is pulling out of the DH race. The Super D course is the XC downhill and it is rocky and a blast!!!!! Oh ya, our superman Michigan racer Mike S took 13th in the semi-pro race. Ok I need some rest. Later! -Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home