Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My Sidewalk Request: Approved


This is riding to work. For about a mile, I get to ride by myself on this brand new 2 lane dragstrip where Woodward is being rebuilt in Pontiac.

Commuting the 12 miles to work by bike has been awesome. It is a fantastic way to start the day. Showing up to the office on the bike has garnered a fair share of odd looks. But I'm saving gas, I get to ride, and I can reduce emissions. It's been worth the jeers and people honking at me.

If you bicycle commute or support people who might like to: check out http://capwiz.com/lab/home/ this page and urge your elected officials to support the bicycle commuter act. It will extend transportation tax breaks to include cyclists. I hope this legislation will pass. And I hope it encourages many people to consider a daily bicycle commute.