Monday, June 25, 2007

SPREADING THE WORD


Me, Crispy, Mike and Amanda took Katharine, a writer for the Detroit Free Press who did the WAM story on me, out on her first ever mountain bike ride at Maybury! We put her on Amanda's CoilAir and she had a blast! It is so much fun to show new people our great sport. She crashed a couple times but just got up and wanted more. She handled the twisty trail AWESOME. Bill, also a writer joined us for the ride and he was very impressed with Katharine's riding as well. What a great time!!!!!! It won't be her last.
Below is an email she sent to me after the ride.

Bryan,
I cannot thank you and the other Midwest Konas enough for that WONDERFUL experience you gave me on Saturday. It was truly one of the most spectacular days I've had in my life - fun and friendly and exciting and a great workout. I was so impressed with you TKM riders - you're true ambassadors of your sport, and so good at it!

Bill told me he's never seen better mountain biking, and we were both taken by how kind and generous all of you were to us, a newbie and someone who hasn't mountain-biked in a long time. He says you all would be killer in triathlon.

Of course, now I want to get a mountain bike ...

So again, many thanks to you.

And when can we go riding again?

Regards,
Katharine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home