Saturday, August 20, 2005

Snowshoe DH, what the hell was I thinking!

Ok, so I am done with DH here at Snowshoe and the mountain kicked my ass!

This photo is just an example of how beat up my legs are, my bruised hand and possible broken finger. When I decided to race expert I knew riding the course as a whole would be fine but racing was another story. Every practice run I did got worse and I let it get to my head and lost any confidence I had which you need on a DH run like this. My actual race run was terrible. I started great but then crashed in a section I have not crashed all weekend smashing my hand on a rock and twisting my bars. So I had to stop to try to fix them and this was only maybe a minute into my run. I finally got them fixed and was on my way. I felt good going over the first drop and had a good line going into a bigger drop that I crashed on every practice run and decide to go for it. What a sprawling crash. I got up and the next rider caught me so I moved over a little smashing another rock and flatting so I couldn't even finish the sections I could ride. I was humbled. I'm glad its over and in some strange way I had some fun even with how bad I rode. I'm glad I steped up and tried to race expert riding the same course the pros ride.
Crispy had a clean run riding great all weekend. He took 14th with a time of 7:12. The winner in his class was around 5:30.
Crispy and Justin are racing Super D in the morning. I will to as long as I can hold onto the bars. I'll just get my hand xrayed when I get home. I'd like to write more but I'm tired and we race at 8:00 am.
Bryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home