Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back Home :(

All of us put in a huge day in the cars yesterday and made it back home. No one got tickets either :) We all would have much preferred to be out on the bikes as it was nice and sunny the whole drive back. However, what's up with this cold as a mutha weather here in Michigan !?!

We got in some good riding the last couple of days in NC. On Friday, I went out on a road ride as my shoulder is still tweaked from the crash on Pilot Rock. I did put in a good 5-6+ hours in the saddle. The first 3 I rode with Terry and Tom as we hunted down every steep road we could find to climb. If you're down there check out Jeter Mtn Rd if you like steep climbing. There are so many sweet road rides down there in addition to trails. The rest of the crew hammered on the mtb's in DuPont. It sounded like they had a great time with Stewy doing some trailblazing of his own on the slick rock. I would much have preferred to ride with them but what can you do. Next year!

The last day, we took it easy on the mtbs. We rode some fire roads into Pisgah looking for a scenic waterfall. After MUCH climbing we kinda got lost and turned back. Go figure, everyone was following my lead. It turns out we were on the right path but didn't know it. I'll do better next year, I swear! Sorry guys.

Well, gonna recover for the next couple of days and hope the weather stays good up here in the north so we can hit the trails soon here.

Later,
Pete

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again guys for the riding last week ! The drive up for me was a nice 9 hrs ! Yeah and the cold -- welcome home.... Lummis

Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I had a great time last week too. Already looking forward to next year.

Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home