Tuesday, August 30, 2005

More Mt Snow

Ok so the team members are a little sore and neat up and our bikes need some love but all in all it was a blast to be there. Saturday was a great day when I made it to the podium in Super D with a 2nd place. Super D is just so much damn fun to race I think it will be even more popular next year. We should try to have some super D races in Michigan, its possible at some venues. Anyway, then we watched some expert Dh'ers ride the famed "yard sale" boulder garden. Both myself and Crispy were bummed out we were not racing but I was still beat up from the Snowshoe DH and Crispy spained his ancle just as he entered the "yard sale" in a practice run. I don't knoiw if I could have ridden it but would have liked to try. We saw a great pro XC race, you can see some photos at www.mountainbikephotographer.com, with Alison Dunlap taking a win in her last NORBA series race. And of course there was the Naked Crit. Ask Justin, Crispy or Eric about it. And yes we have photos. Sunday the skies opened up and the rain came for the epert xc race. My race was a disater. A guy crashed in front of me at the start. I just didn't feel like climbing and was the last one up the first hill. I managed to pass 10 or 11 in my class but then flatted when I was going to fast on the downhill and hit a charp rock. My air canister didn't work. I had to walk down the hill then ride on the rim. Crispy threw me a pump, which is against the rules, but I didn't care I just wanted to finish. I don't quit races. Finally got going on my third lap when the leaders were finishing. I was the last one on course. I got mud in my eye, crashed and broke my rear brake lever. I finished the rocky, rooty muddy dh with only front brakes. Rough time but a great story.
More highligts:
Justin taking 12th in the semi-pro race
cheering for Eric, Jim, Dan and Terry in there short track race
The super D
Kellie Emmett taking 5ht in the womens pro race
Watching the DH
The naked crit with Crispy, Justin, Eric and Casey riding in it
Jim asking Sunday moring, "where's Justin" after thye went to the bar after the Naked Crit Saturday night.
Laughing at the vision of Crispy walking , well limping, up the hill to our condo at 3:00 am drunk on Red Bull and Vodka.
Racing in the mud
The XC course downhill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home