Friday, March 31, 2006

Kona Midwest Rider raising money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan!

NORTHVILLE, MI – APRIL 1, 2006 -- Kona Midwest racing's Bryan Mitchell is riding in and photographing this year’s Make-A-Wish Foundation WAM 300!
So I am asking for pledges of minimum of $25 ($100 from companies) from all my family, friends, clients, bike sponsors and anyone else that will listen!

What is WAM?
Wish-A-Mile 300 Bicycle Tour is a three day, three hundred mile bicycle tour from Traverse City to Chelsea. This is the 19th annual Wish-A-Mile (WAM) 300 Bicycle Tour! Hundreds of caring cyclists, volunteers, and wish families will join together July 27-July 30, 2006 for this wonderful event that is sure to inspire and change lives as it brings hope, strength, and joy to some very special children suffering with life-threatening medical conditions. In 2005, WAM raised more than $775,000 for the children of Make-A-Wish! Come join us this year, as we aim to raise $800,000 to make more wishes come true!
www.wishmich.org/events/wish-a-mile.shtml

What is the Make-A-Wish Foundation?
The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Michigan grants wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.
www.wishmich.org

Why am I riding?
What compels you to ride 300 miles, rain or shine, and train for months in advance? Well why not? I have raced in several endurance races over the past 9 years including the 24 Hours of Snowshoe Mountain West Virginia solo. Racing alone for 24 hours straight! One thing that helps me through the physical and emotional pain of a race like that is the fact that I choose to inflict that pain on myself. And there are many people much worse off then me and in much greater pain then me, not by their choosing. Think about the people in last year’s hurricanes, people with cancer or especially kids with life-threatening medical conditions and their parents. My self inflicted pain does not even come close to what these people have to live with. With children of my own I can’t imagine kids going through this, so I’m doing it for the kids! And for the great work that Make-A-Wish does. I hope I nor anyone I know never needs them but I am so very glad Make-A-Wish exists!In addition to riding, I will also be taking my photo gear along to document all the activities of the WAM 300 for Make-A-Wish from a rider’s point of view. You will be able to see a photo story right after the event on my web sites, www.bryanmitchell.com and www.mountainbikephotographer.com. I will also be posting updates to our mountain bike team blog, http://konamidwestracing.blogspot.com before and after the event. (I will also try and post during the event if I can find an internet connection near where we will camp.)

The average cost of a child’s wish through Make-A-Wish is about $8,000, so why not aim higher than the minimum $650 each rider is required to raise? The possibilities are endless.
With the money raised from this tour, Make-A-Wish will grant over 100 wishes this year alone, and has granted more than one thousand wishes since WAM’s inception. Remember, the kids are the benefactors of your money! These kids need some fun and joy in their life and together we can help provide it! I have photographed kids with life-threatening medical conditions who have received some type of gift or special day and have seen first hand the huge smiles and joy. NO kid should ever have to suffer and be sad but the reality is some do. So I am grateful for Make-A-Wish and I’ll hope you’ll be able to support them too.
Thank you!
Bryan
Checks can be sent to:
Bryan Mitchell c/o WAM 300
21700 Connemara DR
Northville, MI 48167

Donations via www.paypal.com
My account is bryan@bryanmitchell.com

# # #

Contact Information:
Bryan Mitchell - Team Manager
248.420.3488
bryan@bryanmitchell.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home